Resources for Parents: Introduction
As a parent, you influence the physical development and fitness of your children – through the decisions you make on their behalf and through the example you set. Great Play can be your partner in the physical success of your children. But the more you know, the better they will do.
With that in mind, we have posted several resources for parents. During your child's enrollment, we also supply tips and information as an ongoing part of our program.
Browse through this section to learn more about:
- Why physical development matters for children
- How children learn motor skills
- The challenges children face in becoming and staying physically active
- Physical fitness for children
- The pros and cons of organized sports leagues
- Exposing children to sink-or-swim training methods
- The role of parents in youth physical development
- Other resources and useful links